2015 VIP speakers include:
ENHANCING SECURITY IN THE MIDDLE EAST, OVERCOMING OPERATIONAL CHALLENGES FOR NAVIES AND COAST GUARDS, AND FOCUSING ON THE FUTURE ROLES OF EGYPTIAN MARITIME SECURITY FORCES
After three enormously successful editions of OPV Middle East, hosted in the UAE, we are proud to move this conference to one of the Middle East’s true power houses in military capability; a region which has spent, and plans to spend, significantly to enhance maritime security and a region which faces particularly unique challenges with the emerging threats of Daesh, offshore critical infrastructure protection, smuggling and maritime trade.
With the blessing of the Egyptian Navy, IQPC is proud to move this truly regional event, which consistently attracts the leading decision makers in navies and coast guards throughout Africa and the Middle East, to Alexandria. Once again, the leading regional navy commanders will congregate to discuss future requirements, explore new business contacts and technology providers and debate the most effective solutions to the fast changing maritime security challenges happening in the region.
- Increase your naval capabilities by finding affordable and effective new technological solutions to your maritime operations.
- Enhance multilateral relationships by meeting with decision makers and opinion formers from a wide variety of other navies and coast guards
- Gain insight into the future strategies of the most important regional maritime security forces by hearing top level presentations from navies such as Egypt, Morocco, Kuwait, Bahrain and more
- Learn international best practice and how future technologies are adapting maritime operations by meeting with the regional representatives of the most advanced navies in the world, including the Royal Navy, US Navy and French Navy
- Gather specialist tactical knowledge by transferring practices from countries operating in unique and challenging environments like Pakistan, Ghana, Nigeria, Gabon, Malaysia, Sri Lanka and the Philippines
Who should attend?
- Chiefs and commanders of naval forces and coast guards
- Flag officers from naval forces and coast guards
- Operational officers with specialist tactical insights
- Police coast guard and river police officers
- Port security officers
- Coastal surveillance and reconnaissance officers in the Air Force and Navy
- Search and Rescue agencies
- Ministry of Defence officials
- Procurement and logistics officers in the armed forces
- Promising young officers looking for insights in senior command
“ I have had the immense pleasure of working with IQPC for several years. They have consistently delivered outstanding conferences which bring world thought-leaders from all over the globe; the networking experiences are invaluable; the quality of lectures first class; and the onsite experience ideal for stimulating investment and business.”His Excellency Rear Admiral Ahmed Al Sabab Al Teneiji
Chief of Naval Forces, UAE 2009-2011
“IQPC Defence Conferences provide a veritable platform and ample opportunity for intellectual exchange and networking with leaders of world navies, maritime operators and other stakeholders with the ultimate objective of developing requisite architecture for enhanced security of the global commons" Admiral OS Ibrahim, Chief of Defence Staff, Nigerian Armed Forces (comment from 2012)
“It is a worthwhile investment”Jin Zhingzong, Norinco
“I find it very beneficial as the event provides a platform to meet small targeted customers for detailed and meaningful business discussion”Liladhar Bagul, Tata Motors Ltd
“The conference was organised very well and there was sufficient time spent with the stakeholders during networking sessions.”Mxolisi Makhatini, Deputy CEO, Denel
“The annual OPV Conference organized by IQPC has become an important reference world forum, when senior representatives from different Navies can present and discuss the solutions they have found to reconcile technical issues with operational tasks and budget constraints so as to better accomplish their missions. The multidisciplinary presentations are also an excellent opportunity to get knowledge on new designs and developments from the naval shipbuilding industries, including the platform, its sensors and weapon systems."Rear Admiral Francisco Deiana, Director of Naval Engineering, Brazilian Navy
“Effective and clear. Very high value to exchange ideas and experiences."E. Baldo, Selex Sistemi Integrati
“This conference offered an unparalleled opportunity to share these varied experiences in this vital field.” Lieutenant General Sir Gary Coward KBE CB, Director of Materiel (Land) and Quartermaster-General to the Forces, British Army (2012)
“Very valuable, several important points of view and experiences have been exchanged during the lectures and the meeting."Rear Admiral Edoardo Compiani, Italian Navy
“Provided a lot of interesting and important information which will be used as a basis for future business development strategy."Richard Schmitzer, Siemens AG